Without you, we wouldn't exist. We work to serve the community who have elected us in a variety of practical areas.
We implement police, fire-service and security planning to make sure the whole city is safe all of the time, emergencies included. We provide information to help new parents adjust to and enjoy the arrival of their babies and also provide a care and protection service for children and women at risk. We're constantly trying to improve local sports facilities and have recently implemented a 5-year culture plan to ensure that you have access to everything you need to enjoy life in , ranging from a local library to an art-house cinema.
Overview of local community services
- birth, marriage and death registration and a marriage service for civil ceremonies
- emergency support from the police, as well as in emergencies such as floods, fires or gas explosions
- civic meeting spaces or halls available for hire
- fire safety at home advisory service and courses
- support and guidance service to protect people from harm
- help and advice for moving to
- sports development and leisure services
- 5-year culture plan
- library service