Covid 19 - Statement - Message from the Chairman
Hughenden Parish Council cares passionately about our parishioners and staff. The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted not only our team and residents in many different ways, but also the global community as a whole.
The Parish Council is committed to providing you with the best possible service during these unprecendented times. In order to do so, steps are being taken to ensure that council services continue to be delivered in a timely manner while working within the evolving guidelines laid down by the Government.
The Council are monitoring the situation most closely, having introduced the following measures:
- Council Office is now closed to the public until further notice
- Residents can still communicate with staff and councillors via email and phone
- Council meetings have been suspended and appropriate authority delegated to the Clerk to ensure the smooth running of the council
- Establised a page on the Council website where voluntary organisations can post their details so those offering to volunteer as well as those seeking assistance can find appropriate contact details
- Early stages of establishing a volunteer forum where interested organisations and individuals can share best practices. Details of how to participate can be obtained from the Clerk.
- Other supportive measures will be announced int he future.
The Council wish to thank all the volunteers, religious organisations, resident associations and many others who are supporting the elderly and vulnerable people across the Parish.
It is most important that all residents fully follow the guidelines set out by the Government if we are to overcome the pandemic in the quickest possible time with the minimum of impact on the health of all residents.
Finally, I am sure that i am speaking on behalf of all at the Council in wishing you and your families the very best of health in the most difficult and trying of times.
Cllr Paul Nicholls
Hughenden Parish Council
20th March 2020
Please follow the links below to access current information from the UK Government concerning the Corona Virus (Covid-19).
Map tracking confirmed infections