Hughenden Parish Council
Hughenden Parish is situated in the heart of the Chilterns. The parish contains eight villages and hamlets - Naphill, Walter's Ash, North Dean, Bryants Bottom, Hughenden Valley, Cryers Hill, Great Kingshill and Widmer End. In some cases, villages and hamlets are served by more than one Parish Council.
The Parish Council consists of 15 Councillors, who serve approximately 3,500 households, a population of approximately 9,000 people.
Local Elections May 6, 2021
Local Government Elections are confirmed for 6 May 2021. Hughenden Parish Council are included in this election.
Full details on the nomination procedure, and procedures for the poll have not yet been released. These will be published as soon as they are available.
The Electoral Commissions summary of key dates for the scheduled May 6, 2021 local elections is as
follows a full timetable may be viewed at
Key dates are:
- the latest date by which the election is formally announced and purdah starts is March 29, 2021,
- the deadline for nomination papers to be lodged April 8, 2021,
- publication of list of nominations April 9, 2021,
- Polling Day May 6, 2021 and
- dates of returns for declarations of election expenses which varies according to the day on which the election results are announced but always 35 days after that date.
For further information please contact the Clerk by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Clerk to Hughenden Parish Council
10 February 2021
New Website Coming!
You may notice some unexpected changes to this website as we prepare to move across to a new website. If you need any assistance please contact us by writing the the Clerk@hughendenpc.org.uk.
The Parish Council office is closed until further notice due to the Covid pandemic.
Officers are working remotely and may be contacted as follows:
Telephone: 01494 715296 and leave a message, we will call back.
Urban Devolved Services
Devolution to Local Government .pdf
Adobe Acrobat document [381.2 KB]
On 1st April 2016 Hughenden Parish Council and Buckinghamshire County Council entered into an ‘Urban Devolved Services Agreement’. The parish council receives funding of just over £11,000 per annum (2016 - 2022) to carry out this service.
The parish council contribute to this funding from the Parish Precept to increase the annual devolved services budget to £18,000. This sum covers:
- grass verge cutting (usually 6 cuts per year/weather dependant) within 30 mph areas and some 40 mph areas (e.g.’ wide grass verge at Warrendene Road)
- siding out of footpaths
- weed control and spraying
- cutting back of Council managed hedges overhanging footpaths and serving formal notice letters to private landowners
- cutting back vegetation around street signs and furniture
- washing street signs and furniture
- maintenance of street signs and furniture (e.g. village entry gates)
- granting permission for charity event signage
- removal of unauthorised charity event signage and fly posters
- clearance of Rights of Way surfaces
Please note that the section of Valley Road from the bottom of Cryers Hill to High Wycombe (40 & 50 mph zone) remains the responsibility of Buckinghamshire County Council as does the section of Coombe Lane (40 mph zone) between Hughenden Valley and Naphill.